Editor’s Note: I found this today while cleaning out the in-box. It’s one of those things that gets passed around a lot via the internet and office fax machines…a modern-day Desiderata, and one of my favorites.
If anyone knows to whom I can attribute these 12 wonderful warning signs of Inner Peace, please alert me and I will give credit where it’s due. To quote Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof, “May the Lord smite me with it…and may I never recover!” — CLS
SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experiences.
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
3. A loss of interest in judging self.
4. A loss of interest in judging others.
5. A loss of interest in conflict.
6. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
7. A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
8. Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
9) Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
10. Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes of the heart.
11. Increasing susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
12. An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than making them happen.